4. In order to avoid hazards on the road, it is advised to take in the whole scene around you and look at least _______ seconds down the road. This is about a one block when driving in the city and a quarter of a mile on the highway. Correct answer: 12 to 15
Your answer: 5 to 8
5. If you can not see clearly 100 ft in both directions when approaching an uncontrolled intersection, what should your rate of speed be? Correct answer: No more than 15 mph
Your answer: No more than 25 mph
6. If a vehicle is approaching you head on when you are in the proper lane, what should you not do? Correct answer: Pull to the left oncoming lane to avoid the car Your answer: Slow down.
8. Of the six most common behaviors which cause accidents, which is indicated as the primary collision factor? Correct answer: Speed
Your answer: Failing to obey stop signals and signs.
10. One person is injured every ____ minutes, as a result of a traffic collision. Correct answer: 2
Your answer: 5
4. The five abilities required for being a safe driver are ……… Correct answer: search, identify, predict, decide, and execute. Your answer: scan, understand, predict, decide and execute
12. This sign is used exclusively for ____________ signs.
Correct answer: Warning
Your answer: Yield
20. When a car driving uphill on a one lane road comes across another vehicle coming downhill, who should back up? Correct answer: The car going downhill
Your answer: The car going uphill