Background of the study
Barangay P.N.P Compound is located in the heart of Davao City particularly situated in the center of San Pedro , Bolton , Rizal and Quimpo Boulevard Sts. Even in the older times it is the center of trade and religious activities. Barangay P.N.P Compound in the late 1940`s used to be a swampy area with barely 20 houses ( more or less ) built from light materials was situated. Since our barangay is located near barangay bucana which is also very near the coastal areas most parts of our barangay is usually submerged in water caused by the changes in the sea level. According to the pioneer residents which is now our senior citizens , the area during Their times were mostly fishponds and crabs were all over the place specially during High tide . However , as time passes by population gradually increase and fishponds Turned into houses and establishments . In the year 1978 , our first appointed Tenyente Del Barrio Mrs. Lourdes Espiritu was placed in the position but during Mrs. Espiritu`s term their were still no kagawads . However due to health problems she Was replaced by barangay captain Angelita B. Maneja who was duly appointed by the City Mayor that time , together with six (6) of her barangay .
The first ever barangay election was held during the late 80`s . In 1993 , under The administration of the late barangay chairwoman Paz Oracion , our barangay hall was constructed. Although made with wood and light materials it is still an Accomplishment that needs to be recognized up to the present times. In 1994, Barangay Captain Paz Oracion was re-elected with new set of barangay council. During the May 7,1993 barangay election barangay Chairman aspirants Robert Cepe and Paz Oracion both...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document