* Batteries contain corrosive sulfuric acid solution and produce explosive hydrogen gas while charging.
* All types of liquids can be harmful either to the skin or eyes.
*High-pressure air can be very dangerous if penetrates the skin and goes into bloodstream * Electrical equipment and lights may result in electrical shock. * Carbon monoxide from vehicle exhaust is poisonous.
* Loose clothing, jewelry, long hair may entangle in rotating parts causing serious injury. * High noise levels from shop equipment can be harmful to the ears. * Oil, grease, water in shop floors can cause someone to slip and fall causing injury.
Personal protection in the automotive shop. Here is some equipment you should and should not wear. * Always wear safety goggles or face shield in the shop.
* Wear ear plugs or covers if high noise is encountered.
* Always wear boots or shoes to provide foot protection, and falling. * Do not wear watches jewelry or rings when working on a vehicle. * Wear a respirator when...