General Purpose: To inform my audience about Autism.
Specific Purpose: To inform my audience about what Autism is, what causes Autism, and how it can be treated.
A. Stupid. Dumb. Retarted. Weird. Many of us have heard people use these names to describe people with special needs.
B. Autism is a disorder that affects a persons information processing in their brain, by altering how the nerve cells connect and organize.
C. "1 in 88 Children will be diagnosed with a form of Autism this year which is more than with AIDS, diabetes, and cancer
combined." (TACA Organization)
D. Today I am going to tell you about
1. What causes Autism.
2. What are some signs of Autism.
3. Different ways Autism can be treated.
A. What causes Autism?
1. No single cause for autism, other than abnormalities in the brain
2. Researches are searching theories, including the link between heredity, genetics, and medical problems
3. Pattern of autism of disabilities in family
B. What are signs of Autism:
-no eye contact
-doesn't respond to his/her name
-doesn't play with other children
-doesn't ask for help
(all different for each child)
C. Different ways Autism can be treated:
1. Special Education
2. Behavior Modification
3. Speech, physical, or occupational therapy
So now that you know Autism is a brain disorder, which effects the functioning of a persons brain cells let me remind you what we've talked...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document