Chapter 1: Introduction
1. Company description,
• Year of establishment
• Industry in which it operates
• Products or services offered
1.1 Company Background
• Departmental Functions
• How they relate to the purchasing or marketing functions?
• Trends in the development of its marketing or purchasing systems
• Source market for the organization
• Who are the main customers or clients for the organization?
• Where does the company distribute its products and how does that affect its performance?
Chapter 2: Student participation in company activity
2.1 Areas covered by the student while on attachment
• Student exposure to different departments
• Student’s creativeness
2. 2Application of theory into practice
• To discuss the integration of theory into practise 2.3 Expectation gap
• Student to discuss the differences about what (s)he expected from the university and the company 2.4Students productivity
• Productivity should be measurable and quite realistic. • Students are expected to clearly highlight the number of meetings attended, conferences and workshops attended, number of weekly or monthly reports produced during the attachment period • Productivity level should be agreeable to the industrial supervisor. Student should keep a form where all activities done are recorded which should be signed by the supervisor as a correct record of all activities undertaken by the student. • The form should be attached at the appendix as proof of productivity
Chapter 3: Situational analysis
1. Industry analysis
• Pest Analysis
2. Company Analysis
• SWOT analysis
3. Growth prospects for the organization
• What is future of the organization given the dynamics surrounding the company
• What is your forecast for the future growth trend for the company, the industry, and the economy as a whole?
• What role does the purchasing or marketing function need to play in the growth of the company?
• How can the company position itself for a vibrant growth?
Chapter 4:Company Performance evaluation
1. How is the company performing for the past 3 years students to focus on
• Company profitability
• Market share
• Employee retention and motivation
2. How is the purchasing or marketing function contributing towards the success or failure of the organization?
3. How does the following influence company performance
• Nature of market for the company products or the nature of the company’s clients
• Suppliers of the company
• Financiers or creditors of the company
• Company image or public perception about the company
Chapter 5:Conclusions and Recommendations
1. these should be recommendations to the;
• What marketing or purchasing model suits the company?
• How can the model improve company performance?
• What practical recommendations can you give to the company?
• What changes need to be made in the purchasing or marketing function to improve company performance?
4. Recommendations to close the theoretical and practical gap
5. Entrepreneurial gaps identified
• What marketing or purchasing recommendations can make to new or small entrepreneurs?