MBA SEMESTER II MB0048 –Operation Research- 4 Credits (Book ID: B1137) Assignment Set- 1 (60 Marks) Note: Each question carries 10 Marks. Answer all the questions
1. a. Explain how and why Operation Research methods have been valuable in aiding executive decisions. [5 Marks] b. Discuss the usefulness of Operation Research in decision making process and the role of computers in this field. [5 Marks]
2. Explain how the linear programming technique can be helpful in decision-making in the areas of Marketing and Finance. [10 Marks]
3. a. How do you recognise optimality in the simplex method? b. Write the role of pivot element in simplex table?
[5 Marks] [5 Marks]
4. What is the significance of duality theory of linear programming? Describe the general rules for writing the dual of a linear programming problem. [10 Marks]
5. Use Two-Phase simplex method to solve: Minimize z= + + + ≥ 0, + ≤3 ≥4 ≥ 0 and is unrestricted. =5
Subject to constraints:
6. Use Branch and Bound method to solve the following L.P.P: Maximize z= 7 + 9 Subject to constraints: - + 3 ≤6 7 + ≤7 , ≥ 0 and are integers. ≤ 35
MBA SEMESTER II MB0048 –Operation Research- 4 Credits (Book ID: B1137) Assignment Set- 2 (60 Marks) Note: Each question carries 10 Marks. Answer all the questions
1. What are the essential characteristics of Operation Research? Mention different phases in an Operation Research study. Point out some limitations of O.R? [10 Marks] 2. What are the common methods to obtain an initial basic feasible solution for a transportation problem whose cost and requirement table is given? Give a stepwise procedure for one of them? [10 marks]
3. a. What are the properties of a game? Explain the “best strategy” on the basis of minmax criterion of optimality. [5 Marks] b. State the assumptions underlying game theory. Discuss its importance to business decisions. [5 Marks]
4. a. Compare CPM and PERT explaining similarities and...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document