Assignment (14th September)
OBJECTIVES: through this assignment student will…
• Gain knowledge and understanding about a topic of interest in developmental psychology
• Become a critical consumer of information
• Expand his/her experience using the university library
• Summarize and synthesize information in written form
• Develop psychology referencing style (APA)
1. Select a topic from the list provided
2. Submit a one-page written proposal (typed and double spaced) that includes the following:
• Brief statement of why the chosen topic is of interest to you
• Brief statement of what you (think you) already know about the topic
• List threes sources – ONE ORIGINAL SOURCE (BOOK) + TWO JOURNALS you (think) will use for information (this can change, if need be)
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION: Submit your proposal at the beginning of class on Wednesday 5/10 or Friday, 7/10.
EXPOSITORY ESSAY: Write a 1500 words References Expository Essay that explains your topic. Your essay should provide a very clear, detailed analysis and the importance of your topic to Infant/Child/Adolescent Development. University-level writing is expected in structure, tone and delivery
Below is a list of possible topics for the developmental psychology assignment. Within each topic there are many sub-areas (e.g. the challenges and benefits, causes and consequences). In your essay, focus your attention on the impact it has on development, particularly to the infant/child/adolescent’s learning, health, and relationships
Alcohol (Pregnant women/Teenage brain)
Death (point out children’s view)
Grandparents as parents
Grading will be discussed in a later class [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 11). Assignment on Developmental Psychology. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Assignment-On-Developmental-Psychology-832374.html
"Assignment on Developmental Psychology" StudyMode.com. 11 2011. 2011. 11 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Assignment-On-Developmental-Psychology-832374.html>.
- MLA 7
"Assignment on Developmental Psychology." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 11 2011. Web. 11 2011. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Assignment-On-Developmental-Psychology-832374.html>.
"Assignment on Developmental Psychology." StudyMode.com. 11, 2011. Accessed 11, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Assignment-On-Developmental-Psychology-832374.html.