Bachelor’s Degree Programme
Application Oriented Course
Organizing Child Care Services
July 2011/January 2012
SCHOOL OF CONTINUING EDUCATION
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Maidan Garhi, New Delhi -110068
Application Oriented Course in Organising Child Care Services (ACC-1)
July 2011/January 2012
Course : ACC – 1
You will have to do one assignment as part of the Course ACC-1. THIS ASSIGNMENT IS COMPULSORY. The assignment has three parts—Section A, B and C. Section ‘A’ comprises theoretical questions and the other two Sections comprise practical exercises. The assignment carries 100 marks; 60 marks for Section A and 20 marks for each of the other two Sections.
IN THIS BOOKLET, THE SECTION ‘A’ OF THE ASSIGNMENT HAS BEEN PRINTED. THE PRACTICAL EXERCISES, WHICH FORM SECTIONS ‘B’ AND ‘C’ OF THE ASSIGNMENT, ARE CONTAINED IN THE PRACTICAL MANUAL FOR THE COURSE WHICH YOU WOULD HAVE RECEIVED ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE STUDY MATERIAL. OF THE EXERCISES CONTAINED IN THE PRACTICAL MANUAL, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO DO ONE EXERCISE AS PART OF EACH OF THE SECTIONS ‘B’ AND ‘C’. INFORMATION ABOUT WHICH EXERCISES HAVE TO BE DONE IS GIVEN UNDER SECTIONS ‘B’ AND ‘C’ OF THE ASSIGNMENT IN THIS BOOKLET.
We would advise you to actually do all the practical exercises contained in the Practical Manual. This will give you practice in applying theoretical concepts in real life and enable you to perform better the practical exercises that you need to submit for assessment.
SOME DO’S AND DONT’S ABOUT SENDING IN ASSIGNMENTS
1) When you receive the assignment booklet, check it immediately and ask for the missing page (s), if any.
2)Submit your assignments regularly to your Study Centre. By doing so, you get a chance to do better in subsequent assignments, as you can benefit from your Counsellor’s comments on your submitted response sheets.
3) Maintain an account of the assignments sent to us and the corrected sheets received by you. This will help you maintain the schedule of your work and avoid the possibility of sending the same assignment a second time.
1)Do not remind us to send back the corrected response sheets. These will be sent to you at the earliest possible.
2)Do not misplace/lose your graded assignments. You will need these till the Course is completed.
3) Do not enclose doubts for clarification along with the assignment. If you want to draw our attention to something of urgent/important nature, write to us separately. Give your roll number, name, address, the title of the Course, the number of the assignment, etc. on top of your letter.
1)Write your roll number, name, full address and date on top right corner of the first page of your response sheets.
2) Write the Course title, assignment number and the name of the study centre you are attached to, in the center of the first page of your response sheets.
The top of the first page of your response sheets should look like this:
COURSE TITLE ENROLMENT NO.
ASSIGNMENT NO. NAME
STUDY CENTRE ADDRESS
Please follow the above format strictly. If you do not follow this format, we will be compelled to return your script to you for re-submission.
3)Read the instructions related to assignments printed in the Programme Guide.
4) Please note that unless you submit the assignment contained in this booklet, within the stipulated time, you would not be permitted to appear for the term-end examination for the course.
5) Submit Sections A, B and C of the assignment together, otherwise your assignment would be returned to you without being evaluated.
ORGANISING CHILD CARE SERVICES...