Assignment 1 video question (In Class)
Group E (Excellent)
Professor Gerald Smith
1. The bathroom is the only place in any work environment where the employee has complete and total privacy. There can video coverage leading up to bathroom area, but not inside the bathroom area.
2. A closed office may have some privacy, depending on the employer. Video coverage is allowed and can be used without audio. If a private matter is being discussed between employee and employer, then employee needs to be informed if conversation is going to be recorded. But if there is no audio surveillance, involved, then the use of recording in one office is fair game and is still legal. Privacy in an open area is not illegal or actual private in a sense, because the area is open. A person may have privacy space in and around his/her desk from an angle not viewed by cameras, however, privacy become void when an employee is not following the rules and action has to be taken such as searching of privacy space, because said area belongs to the employer not the employee individually.
3. The manager did have a right to listen or monitor his sales persons on the floor, because false advertisement is a crime and is grounds for a lawsuit, by the individual or group of customers. Not only could the manager lose business but also lose his reputation as an honorable business man and car deal.
4. Electronic surveillance can be engaged to an extent from employer using audio and recording on their employee when it involves steeling, upholding honesty and the mission and values that are set through the business. Surveillance can be used for training purposes and quality insurance.
5. It is the proper thing to inform of surveillance and recording being used to cover legal issues and tides [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 04). Assignment 1 Video Question. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Assignment-1-Video-Question-968846.html
"Assignment 1 Video Question" StudyMode.com. 04 2012. 04 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Assignment-1-Video-Question-968846.html>.
"Assignment 1 Video Question." StudyMode.com. 04, 2012. Accessed 04, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Assignment-1-Video-Question-968846.html.