You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
Name of employee and employer
Contract start date/commencement
Position/Job title and description
Main place of work
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
1.Health & safety
2.Pay and pensions
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
2.Employment rights & responsibilities
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
internal: 1.line managers 2.books & documents held within the organisation external: 1.government 2.legal professionals
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
One of the representative bodies is Trade Union. Large organisations usually represent the interests of their employees. They can assist through work based representatives and can help employees in pensions, health & safety, redundancy and collective bargaining.
5. Briefly describe employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment. You should give at least two employer responsibilities and two employee responsibilities.
If possible, provide relevant equality and diversity procedures from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
*to train staff on equality & diversity topics
*not to judge or discriminate a staff member by their race, religion, sex, disability, personality, sexual orientation, ethnicity etc. Employee responsibilities:
*individual commitment to those policies an responsibilities (as mentioned above) *promoting and monitoring the right practice
In my working place is the procedure followed by training every new staff member on equalities & diversity within twelve weeks of employment.
6. Briefly explain the benefits of making sure equality and diversity procedures are followed in a business environment. Your answer should include one benefit for the employer, one benefit for the employee and one benefit for the overall organisation.
*have fair & equal access to jobs, training & promotion
*opportunity to maximise their potential
*promoting equality of opportunity attracts, motivate & retain staff *it brings a positive and non judgemental working environment
Section 2 – Understand the purpose of health, safety and security procedures in a business environment
1. Identify employer and employee responsibilities for health, safety and security.
If possible, provide relevant health, safety and security policies / documents from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
THESE EXAMPLES OF RESPONSIBILITIES ARE...