http://www.scribd.com/doc/47468270/Massive-Scandal-Hit-Bank-Of-Punjab because in this sid have selid.
is the abuse of entrusted power for private gain. It hurts everyone who depends on the integrity of people in a position of authority
The word “Corruption” has its origin ”. In simple words, corruption means “the misuse of entrusted power for private benefit.” Conceptually, corruption is a form of behaviour which departs from ethics, morality, tradition, law and civic virtue
Media role in exposing corruption (ilmkidunia 2012) (ilmkidunia 2012)
Since the liberalisation of the Pakistani media in 2002, many major corruption cases and scams have been unveiled by journalists. Notable among them are: • The Pakistan Steel Mills Rs.26 billion scam;
• National Insurance Company Limited scandal;
• Bribery and corruption in Pakistan International Airlines which caused losses of $500 million; • Embezzlement in Pakistan Railways causing massive financial losses; • Hajj corruption case;
• NATO containers' case where 40 containers heading for ISAF in Afghanistan went missing; • Rental power projects corruption
• Ephedrine quota case, a scandal involving the son of former Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani to pressure officials of the Health Ministry to allocate a quota of controlled chemical ephedrine to two different pharmaceutical companies. • Malik Riaz’s 'Media Gate' in which the son of Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry is said to have taken money from Malik Riaz to give favourable decisions from the Supreme Court. “Malik Riaz case proved that the media can hold the judiciary and even itself accountable,” says Javed Chaudhry, columnist and anchorperson working with Express News. “This case, along with the missing persons' case has established impartiality and credibility of the media in its fight against corruption." sources”””””””
• (11) http://tribune.com.pk/story/380063/rs26-billion-corruption-nab-given-3-months-to-probe-steel-mills-case/ • ^ http://dawn.com/tag/nicl-corruption-case/
• ^ http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2012/02/26/news/national/500m-corruption-in-pia-says-pti/ • ^ http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2010/11/22/news/national/railways-2009-10-audit-highlights-massive-corruption-and-losses/ • ^ http://dawn.com/tag/hajj-corruption-case/
• ^ http://archives.dawn.com/archives/43563
• ^ http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-13-15546-US-starts-probe-into-RPPs-scam • ^ http://www.awaztoday.com/issues/Ephedrine-Quota-Case.aspx?pageid=6&typeid=0&pageno=1 • (19)http://tribune.com.pk/story/412036/pakistani-medias-fight-against-corruption-a-case-study-for-afghan-media/
Justice Jawwad S. Khawaja also passed critical remarks regarding the performance of NAB and said that no one trusts the state institutions now and how NAB can be sent abroad to fix the issues when they are unable to do it here. Haris Steel Mills and two sister concerns had secured Rs9 billion loan from BoP in connivance with its officials including its then president Hamesh Khan in 2007. Later, the court adjourned the hearing till October 25 and sought the progress report from the prosecutor.
The Lahore Times Read more: http://www.lhrtimes.com/2012/10/22/sc-criticizes-nab-in-bank-of-punjab-case-orders-collection-of-details-of-assets-of-haris-steel-mills/#ixzz2D6zFNJdl Follow us: @lhrtimes on Twitter | lhrtimes.tcom on Facebook
• Papua New Guinea
• South Africa
• United States
The corporate sector is also littered with failures due to corrupt...