1) The principle message of Egyptian art is continuity—A seamless span of time reaching back infinitely in the history and forward into the future.
2) Babylonians developed a true arch before the Romans.
3) A kouors dating from the early Archaic period.
4) This work was done in BLANK period of the fifth century bc. Here we find the BLANK of a figure in motion.
5) For many travelers, this is the very symbol of Rome. The Collosseum rises on three tiers of arches.
6) This is a portion of a mosaic, found in an underground necropolis.
7) This is a splendid example of the developed Gothic style.
8) This demonstrates the use of the new technique of linear perspective to construct a deep, convincing architectural space.
9) This is emphatically a Renaissance sculpture, not a copy of a Greek work.
10) Rubens figures burst outside the picture in several directions, suggesting that this action continues beyond the painting. This is typical of the Baroque style.
11) France favored a more restrained “classical” version of the Baroque style.
12) Marat is shown in effect as a kind of secular Christ martyred for the Revolution.
13) This work has all the characteristics of the BLANK style.
14) What 19th ce style do Delacroix favor? Romantic
15) One of the leaders of the Realist movement was Gustav Courvet.
16) Remoir used the Chiaroscurro style to record the dappled shifting effect of light in this painting.
17) The artist is one of several who are known as the Post Impressionists.
18) Derain and Metisse were dubbed fauves by a critic in 1905.
19) The fragmenting of the figures in an important element of the movement known as cubism.
20) This painting represents the abstract phase of surrealism.
21) This is an abstract painting in the strictest sense.
Didn’t get numbers 4 or 13.