By: Hussain Alkadhimi
Should the same laws which prohibit the sale and consumption of heroin be applied to tobacco? Do you think that tobacco should have the laws as heroin; this includes sale prohibition and consumption. Well in the next paragraph I will express myself to why I think that tobacco should be illegal. Tobacco has many advantages and disadvantages. Although tobacco is addictive it has some advantages both for the smoker and the workers, these advantages are listed bellow: * Temporary stress relief.
* Relief from anxiety.
* Tobacco increases the metabolism rate of the body.
* Suppresses appetite. This can benefit those who want to go on a diet. * Tobacco industry provides jobs for many. It is important for economic development and growth. * Farmers reap profits by growing tobacco and selling it. * Tobacco produces a natural neurotoxin known as alkaloid nicotine, which when combined with other ingredients can be used for pest control. * Carbon monoxide is released into the bloodstream while smoking. In case the amount is too much, it can be lethal. But in small amounts, it can prevent blood clots. Incidentally, blood clots cause heart attacks. Particularly smokers they are negatively affected due to tobacco which expose them to several diseases: * Deaths occur due to use of tobacco.
* Smoking causes lung cancer.
* One can suffer from cardiovascular diseases by smoking, since nicotine is bad for health. * Nicotine in tobacco is addictive. It causes high blood pressure, increase in heart rate and slows down circulation. * Stains the teeth and is bad for dental care.
* Bad breath.
* Respiratory as well as circulatory problems can develop due to smoking. * Smoking causes cancer.
* Blindness is also another effect of smoking.
* Tobacco contains carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen as well as nitrogen. * Tobacco contains Hydrogen Cyanide, which damages the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document