History of School
Arellano University JAS Campus
The Jose Abad Santos Campus was formerly called Jose Abad Santos High School. The first Arellano University branch established in Pasay City, it was founded in 1945. Dr. Fidel Colmenar was its first director. Next came Mr. Leonardo Tensuan, who served for 23 years, and under whose leadership as director, JASHS reached the height of progress. Mrs. Felicidad Crisologo, the first woman director of the school, replaced him and continued the work guiding the faculty in preparing students for a brighter future. After six years, Mr. Manuel Lansang took over the school management. He was succeeded in 1998 by Miss Zenaida Lobregat who introduced innovations and technological updates to equip both students and teachers for the challenges of the third millennium. Computer-aided instruction was introduced in 1998-1999 and since then, the one-computer-one student system has been implemented.
In 1986, the college department of AU in Pasay, which was originally established in the Apolinario Mabini High School compound at the corner of Donada and Menlo Streets, transferred to the JASHS campus with the AU President Francisco Cayco himself as officer-in-charge. In 1996, Atty. Samson Turingan served as college OIC until 1999. Miss Lobregat then became managing director of both the high school and college departments of the AU Pasay campus. At present, Ms. Rosalinda Santiago serves as the high school principal and Dr. Leonila A. Santos as college administrator.
The AU JAS campus has always been proud of its graduates? who are now statesmen, educators, doctors, nurses, accountants, engineers, computer experts, businessmen, journalists, lawyers, overseas contract workers, restaurateurs, priests, technicians, sportsmen, actors, responsible parents, productive citizens. The school administration, in cooperation with its stakeholders (competent faculty and employees, conscientious parents, students and the community)...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document