I. Peoples in Motion
A. The United States is a nation of immigrants
B. Even Natives of the country are immigrants from different countries who roamed the land as a strange new world.
C. From Beringia to the Americas
1. Beringia is a piece of land that was created because of the glaciers that captured all of the water causing a piece of land to form which was then called Beringia.
2. Berinigia had very tough climates causing the people who live there to have amazing survival skills.
3. The people from Beringia then began to migrate to North America and were the very first humans on North America.
4. The glaciers would recede every once in a while and would allow people to migrate to North America.
5. This allowed many people to migrate there and would allow them to even reach Tierra del Fuego which is on the southern tip of South America.
6. Asians would migrate in three waves and they spoke a language called Amerind.
D. The great extinction and the Rise of Agriculture
1. Every time the glaciers would recede it would allow them to have an outstanding environment for agriculture and hunting big game.
2. The superior spear points use had spread throughout North and South America and was called a Clovis tip.
3. The human population had a large rise and with the rise in population came the extinction of large beasts
4. Since these large beasts were the main source of food the human population once again declined and they had to begin finding alternative food sources.
5. Neolithic is a practice that started due to the fact that they couldn’t depend solely on hunting as a main source of food
6. This practice included the domestication of animals and the beginning of harvesting crops for food.
7. The United States would yield many different crops than those of Europe and many other countries.
8. The population again began to... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 01). Apush Notes Chapters 1-6. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 01, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Apush-Notes-Chapters-1-6-895906.html
"Apush Notes Chapters 1-6" StudyMode.com. 01 2012. 01 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Apush-Notes-Chapters-1-6-895906.html>.
"Apush Notes Chapters 1-6." StudyMode.com. 01, 2012. Accessed 01, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Apush-Notes-Chapters-1-6-895906.html.