The first step is always observation
Then you need to describe the piece of art.
Investigate: consult some sources to get more information.
Peace itself and the context
We need to recognize the piece it self, (for example the painting, it is oil painting, 15x30, conservation, good condition) and the piece context, it could change the whole interpretation.
Cave art, Paleolithic art: they wanted it to happen.
Byzantine, romances, gothic
* Pop art was born in England because one of the most famous moved to America. It one of a kind, cause Warhol made it by himself and most of all because its one of the finest representation on the American trend.
* The sign is an object, quality, event whose presence or occurrence indicates the probable presence or occurrence of something else. It could be a gesture or action used to convey information or instructions. Like shaking the hand. The meaning can change according to the time. Good, bad: life, dead
* A symbol is a thing that represents or stands for something else, especially a material object representing something abstract. For example a man driving a Mercedes shows he has money.
* Also it could be a mark or character used as a conventional representation of an object, function or process. The symbol for gold is Au.
* Can be a sign used to represent something such as an organization. For example the symbol of Jews.
* Its also important to understand the communication process, is about sending ideas to other people. Its called the journey of message. * Emitter (who is sending the message)
* Intention (what is the purpose?)
* Message (what it says?)
* Transmission (with what means? Maybe talking, moving) * Noise (with what interference? Something that can distract us) * Receiver (to whom?)
* Fate (with what result?)
* Another important thing is that the...