Apple Computers- SWOT Analysis
Apple is a giant IT industry, specialized in manufacturing sophisticated electronic goods like laptops, desktops, mobile phones, music players and gadgets that are mostly used by consumers of all ages and segments.
SWOT is an acronym for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. Strengths and Weaknesses are internal factors that affect company’s success or failure. Opportunities and threats are external factors the impact the company’s growth. SWOT analysis of any firm is done by segment basis, comparing it with the competitors and focusing on current and future market. Apple is a consumer based industry. The success or failure depends upon how well the products are received by the customers. Apple product consumers can be segmented into following groups.
4. Corporate users
5. Healthcare industry
SWOT is performed on each segment individually, evaluate their needs and how well the products meets the consumers needs and put down the benefits, the consumers reap from the product and at the end all bits and pieces are assembled to come out with a final SWOT analysis. As a Mutual fund manager, it is very important to analyze the business trends, market share and current and future product releases and how well the company sustains in the market from its competitors. Let us perform the SWOT analysis.
Strengths are attributes of an organization that helps in achieving the goals and objectives and that drive toward the company’s vision.
1. Innovation. The apples biggest strength is its innovation. They raise the bar and set high standards in the market with each product release. It started with Mac book, iPod, iPhone, iTunes, iPod touch, Mac Air, Apple TV and recently iPad. Apple has a strong research and development, which helps them to come up with new and innovative products.
2. Brand. The successful factor for any company is its goodwill and brand image. It creates the product perception in the minds of customers. Apple is one of the reputed brands in Information technology industry across the world and maintains loyal customer base by inventing gadgets, which are known for its reliability, portability, attractive designs. This loyalty helps Apple to retain customers and attract new customers. Apple has marked itself as a reliable and loyal brand, which attracts all segments of customers.
3. Marketing. Marketing is as important as creating a new product. Clever marketing enabled Apple to expand its horizons and helped its product to attain global recognition. Apple markets itself as an all-in-one shop, where it owns and supports all the components in the gadgets, which is not the case with other competitors and thereby gaining the customers trust.
4. Products. Apples products are classy. The attractive design and easy-to-use features attract a large number of students and entrepreneurs, who form the major consumer base. The apple’s desktop computers are embedded in the screen. It no separate wires or components hanging around the PC. The iPhone, which is the first touch screen phone of its kind with browsing capability, took apple’s market share to new heights. The innovative products backed by apple’s reliability and quality further enhance the consumers trust.
5. Staff. Apple has a very highly skilled and talented staff, headed by Steve Jobs (CEO), who is known for his creativity and charismatic leadership skills. His vision drives the company and encourages the employees to come out with new ideas and innovative thoughts, the key elements of apple’s success.
Weaknesses are attributes of the company that hinders the growth of the company.
Cost. Apple products are known for their high cost and are very expensive compared to its competitor’s products in the market. In the current economy,...