* ITunes Online Store is an excellent source of revenue derived from sales of music and applications for Apple’s iPhone, IPad and iPod touch devices.
* Excellent brand loyalty by its customers. Many own multiple products (Mac, iPhone, etc.)
* No debt, excellent cash flow. $13bn Net Income in most recent quarter. (Dec 2011).
* Excellent Research & Development division that is able to deliver (premium) products that customers will stand in line to buy.
* Global reach, Apple’s brand is strong around the globe.
* They own their own Operating System (IOS), which is used across their entire product line allowing them to sell a complete product without paying large royalty payments to their competitors.
* Apple is an innovator and technology leader.
* Apple’s first time customers, buying iPhone, iPods and iPads, are buying other Apple products, including Apple’s desktop and laptop computers based on the most recent quarter.
* Weak integration with Microsoft Office makes their product line less attractive to business enterprises.
* Google’s Android Operating system is slowing Apple’s growth rate in the mobile phone market.
* High price. Apple’s products are typically higher in price than its competitors. Price sensitive consumers tend to not consider Apple in buying decisions.
* Apple tends to lead innovation and then watch other companies control the market once it has reached the tipping point and wider consumer adoption.
* ITunes will continue to generate sales from music and applications, however I believe in the next two years Applications for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad will generate more revenue than music downloads. Apple receives a 40% gross margin on all application sales.
* Cross product sales will continue to increase as more and more people choose Apple.
* Product development cycles have shortened in the mobile phone... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 12). Apple Swot. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Apple-Swot-1299417.html
"Apple Swot" StudyMode.com. 12 2012. 2012. 12 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Apple-Swot-1299417.html>.
- MLA 7
"Apple Swot." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 12 2012. Web. 12 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Apple-Swot-1299417.html>.
"Apple Swot." StudyMode.com. 12, 2012. Accessed 12, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Apple-Swot-1299417.html.