The current performance at Apple Inc. shows a slightly higher gross margin percentage of 33.9 compared to 32.9 for the previous year. This is based on figures from the quarterly report ending March 29, 2008 and the date for the comparison figure is the previous year ending March 31, 2007.
The revenue for that same quarter was $7.51 billion with a net quarterly profit of $1.05 billion. The Macintosh computers unit showed a 51% unit growth while the IPOD unit showed a 1% unit growth. According to Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO, "We're delighted to report 43 percent revenue growth and the strongest March quarter revenue and earnings in Apple's history."
* Strategic Posture
o Current Mission
"Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, Apple continues to lead the industry in innovation with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital media revolution with its iPod portable music and video players and iTunes online store, and has entered the mobile phone market with its revolutionary iPhone."
o Current Objectives
The company's objectives show through the plans and marketing that are currently in place.
* Increase Macintosh presence in the areas of education and business.
* Improve sales of IPOD music devices.
* Introduce and market new devices and concepts such as Apple TV.
* Show a pressing concern to be "green." Apple's environmental policy has taken quite a bit of flack in the press in the past few years. That is being worked on from multiple angles.
* The main objective of any business is to make money for the shareholders so it can stay in business.
o Current Strategies
* One important strategy is the "principles of business conduct" statement which... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 09). Apple Inc Strategic Analysis. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 09, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Apple-Inc-Strategic-Analysis-1081967.html
"Apple Inc Strategic Analysis" StudyMode.com. 09 2012. 09 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Apple-Inc-Strategic-Analysis-1081967.html>.
"Apple Inc Strategic Analysis." StudyMode.com. 09, 2012. Accessed 09, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Apple-Inc-Strategic-Analysis-1081967.html.