Final Project Overview and Timeline
Final Project Overview
Your final project for AED 200 will be to write an Educational Debate Persuasive Paper on a current educational debate. You will pick one of the eleven debates listed below. Read the corresponding “Yes” and “No” opinions in the related chapter in the textbook. Throughout the course you will continue your research on the topic to support your position on the debated issues. The paper will be your argument to persuade readers that your position on the debate is correct. Your paper will also need to address the opposing viewpoint and provide arguments against this view. For the final project you will need to include at least 3 reliable resources that support your thesis. Your paper should be 1,750-2,100 words long and follow APA guidelines.
• Chapter 1: Should Districts Offer Signing Bonuses to Attract New Teachers? (pp. 34-35)
• Chapter 2: Should All Students Be Bilingual? (pp. 58-59)
• Chapter 3: Can Retention Be Good for a Student? (pp.102-103)
• Chapter 4: Is School the Best Place to Teach Tolerance? (pp. 116-117)
• Chapter 5: Has Student Fund-Raising Gone Too Far? (pp. 172-173)
• Chapter 6: Should Teachers Have the Authority to Remove Disruptive Students from Their Classes Permanently? (pp.204-205)
• Chapter 9: Does Prepping for High-Stakes Tests Interfere with Teaching? (pp. 324-325)
• Chapter 10: Should Today’s Education Be Relevant to Tomorrow’s Job Market? (pp. 340-341)
• Chapter 11: Are Uniforms a Good Way to Improve Student Discipline and Motivation? (pp. 366-367)
• Chapter 12: Should Special Needs Students Be Exempt from Graduation Tests? (pp. 414-415)
• Chapter 13: Should School Computer Labs Be Phased Out? (pp. 456-457)
Final Project Timeline
You should budget your time wisely and work on your project throughout the course. As outlined below, the Week Four CheckPoint in the... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 11). Appendix. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Appendix-855036.html
"Appendix" StudyMode.com. 11 2011. 11 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Appendix-855036.html>.
"Appendix." StudyMode.com. 11, 2011. Accessed 11, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Appendix-855036.html.