Chapter 1 and 2
1. Analyze the continuities and changes that resulted from the spread of agriculture beginning around 10,000 years ago to 5000 years ago.
2. Compare the interaction between humans and the environment between two of the following types of societies between 3000 B.C.E.
1. Analyze the continuities and changes in social and economic life that emerged as a result of the formation of city-states from 3500 B.C.E. to 600 B.C.E.
2. Compare the political and social aspects of two of the following river valley civilizations. a. Mesopotamia
c. Indus River
d. Shang China
1. Analyze the continuities and changes in political structure from the time of the river valley societies (circa 3500 B.C.E.) to the political structure of classical-age empires up to 600 B.C.E. 2. Compare the political structures of two of the following classical-age empires. a. Persian Empire
b. Roman Empire
c. Mauryan Empire
d. Qin Dynasty Empire
1. Analyze the continuities and changes in religious belief systems from 600 B.C.E. and 600 C.E. in one of the following regions.
a. Middle East
b. South Asia
c. East Asia
2. Compare the core beliefs of two religious traditions that emerged before 600 C.E.
Page 1 of 6
1. Analyze the continuities and changes in social structures from 600 B.C.E. to 600 C.E. in one of the following regions
a. South Asia
b. East Asia
c. The Mediterranean
2. Compare the influence of religious tradition on gender and social roles for two of the following faiths before 600 C.E.
1. Analyze the continuities and changes in trade and migration for Africa before 600 C.E. 2. Compare the development of politics and economies between Mesoamerica and Andean South America before 1450 C.E.
1. Analyze the continuities and changes in cultural traditions...