Ch. 1 & 2 Tri. I Review Quiz
1. Researchers examining how the brain interprets the information that you read best represents the __________________
A. Biopsychology PerspectiveC. Psychoanalytic Perspective
B. Cognitive Perspective D. Social-Cultural Perspective
2. By using the _______________ one can eliminate experimenter bias.
A. Experimental GroupC. Control Group
B. Hawthorne EffectD. Double-blind Procedure
3. Which Perspective examines human thoughts and actions in terms of natural selection.
A. Social-Cultural PerspectiveC. Evolutionary Perspective
B. Cognitive Perspective D. Biopsychology Perspective
4. The ________________ believes we must use our unconscious mind through dream analysis to understand human thought and behavior.
A. Evolutionary PerspectiveC. Social-Cultural Perspective
B. Psychoanalytic PerspectiveD. Biopsychology Perspective
5. Who set up the first psychological laboratory?
A. John WatsonC. Abraham Maslow
B. Wilhelm WundtD. Sigmund Freud
6. Which of the following is not an approach of psychology?
A. Evolutionary C. Nature-vs-Nurture
B. Social-CulturalD. Humanistic
7. William James was a functionalist who focused on ___________ and was the creator of the first _____________.
A. Introspection; laboratory in the USAC. Mental & behavioral function enabling us to adapt; comprehensive textbook
B. Brain activity linked with cognition; D. Natural selection; psychology psychotherapylaboratory
8. Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky’s flipping a coin six times and asking people how many times it would land on heads or tails best represents which idea?
A. Random AssignmentC. Random sequence
B. Placebo effectD. Illusory Correlation
9. Handing out a piece of paper to lots of students in a grade and asking them to answer the...