BASIC EUROPEAN GEOGRAPHY
You are responsible for being able to locate on a map of Europe each of the following items: 1. one map to locate and label all countries,
2. one map to locate and label all cities, and
3. one map to locate and label all physical geography items (rivers and other bodies of water, mountains, islands and peninsulas. On your own
-Find info and use the blank Europe map on this website to label all your geography items http://www.eduplace.com/ss/maps/pdf/eur_countrynl.pdf
- use to locate and label all your countries and cities.
Summer Assignment I:
a. Locate and label the following countries:
b. Locate and label the following cities:
Frankfurt (am Main)
c. Locate and label each of the following bodies of water: Aegean Sea
Straits of Gibraltar
Straits of Messina
d. Draw (in blue) and label each of the following rivers: Danube
e. Locate and label each of the following islands:
f. Locate and label each of the following mountain ranges: Alps
Summer Assignment II
You will select five of the names listed below and complete the leader analysis sheet. All of the information must be in your own words! Please do not use Wikipedia as a source. 1. Name of Leader:
2. Lifespan: (5 points)
3. Country/region: (5 points)
4. Political, social, and economic conditions during leader’s period of power: (30 points) 5. Ideology, Motivation, Goals: (10 points)
6. Significant Actions and events during term of power: (25 points) 7. Quote by the leader or about the leader (10 points)
8. Short and long term effects of his/her actions: (15 points) 9. Cite you source (5pts.)
Names to select from
Leonardo da Vinci
Ivan IV The Terrible
Catherine de Medici
Peter the Great
Summer Reading Assignment III
1. The Prince by Machiavelli
2. Utopia by More
3. The Communist Manifesto by Marx and Engels (optional for extra credit) Machiavelli Questions
1. Why did Machiavelli write The Prince?
2. Name three recurring themes in The Prince.
3. Describe the role of armies according to Machiavelli.
4. Why does Machiavelli say that it is better for a prince "to be both loved and feared?" Is it possible for a prince to be both? Explain. 5. In Chapter 20, what three bits of advice does Machiavelli give the prince? 6. According to Machiavelli in Chapter 21, what...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document