* An explanation of how national initiatives promote anti-discriminatory practice (P4)
* A description of how ant-discriminatory practice is promoted in health and social care (P5)
* An assessment of the influence of a recent national policy initiative promoting anti-discriminatory practice (M2)
* A discussion of the difficulties that may arise when implementing anti-discriminatory practice in health and social care settings (M3)
* An evaluation of the success of the recent initiative in promoting ant-discriminatory practice (D1)
* A justification of ways of overcoming difficulties that may arise when implementing anti-discriminatory practices in health and social care settings (D2)
Discrimination – The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age or gender.
Discrimination is unlawful in Britain, it can make service users lose self-esteem, self-confidence and leave them depressed. Their rights are taken away from them. There are two types of discrimination, overt and covert discrimination.
This is when someone is openly discriminating against an individual, an example of this is a health and social care setting paying a male nurse more money than a female nurse for the same job, directly because of their gender. In the health care sector, overt discrimination is more likely to be seen in the way a patient is treated by staff.
Covert discrimination can be best described as being hidden away. An example of this is three individuals applying for the same job as a nurse; they should all be shortlisted using the same criteria. However, if the shortlist panel decided not to call someone for an interview based on their name or area they lived in, this would be covert discrimination.
There are many effects of discriminatory practice... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 04). Anti Discriminatory Practice. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Anti-Discriminatory-Practice-976538.html
"Anti Discriminatory Practice" StudyMode.com. 04 2012. 2012. 04 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Anti-Discriminatory-Practice-976538.html>.
- MLA 7
"Anti Discriminatory Practice." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 04 2012. Web. 04 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Anti-Discriminatory-Practice-976538.html>.
"Anti Discriminatory Practice." StudyMode.com. 04, 2012. Accessed 04, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Anti-Discriminatory-Practice-976538.html.