Names ______________________________________ Date _______________________ Period ____
Animal Farm by George Orwell
➢ Language is a powerful tool for persuasion
➢ Individuals must fight for rights and equality under the law ➢ Absolute power leads to corruption
|Character |Brief Description in your own words |Quote from the text that illustrates character. Include page | | | |number | |Mr. and Mrs. Jones | | | |Old Major | | | |Bluebell, Bessie, and Pincher | | | |Boxer | | | |Clover | | | |Muriel | | | |Benjamin | | | |Mollie | | | |Moses | | | |The Cat | | | |Snowball | | | |Napoleon | | | |Squealer | | | |The sheep | | | |Mr. Pilkington | | | |Mr. Frederick | | | |Mr. Whymper | | |
Animal Farm SHORT ANSWER STUDY GUIDE QUESTIONS
1. For what purpose did Major call the meeting of the animals?
2. After they vote and decide rats are "comrades", Major summarizes his points for the animals to remember. What are they?
3. What is "Beasts of England"? For what does it stand?
4. Why did the pigs get the job of teaching and organizing?
5. What actually brought about the rebellion?
6. What were the 7 commandments?
Please join StudyMode to read the full document