Title: Muro Ami
Producer/s: Butch Jimenez,
Director/s: Marilou Diaz-Abaya
Writer/s: Ricky Lee
Cesar Montano - Fredo
Pen Medina - Dado
Amy Austria - Susan
Jhong Hilario - Butong
Rebecca Lusterio - Kalbo
Jerome Sales - Filemon
Teodoro Penaranda Jr. - Tabugok
A fisherman's wounded spirit begins to give out as he loses his hold on his livelihood in this drama from the Philippines. Fredo (Cesar Montano) is a fisherman who has endured more than his share of hardship in life; his wife and child both perished in a boating accident, and today Fredo approaches each trip to the sea with the angry determination of a man out for revenge. Fredo commands a crew of young people from poor families as he takes his rattletrap ship into the ocean in search of fish that live along the reefs, snaring catch with an illegal netting system. Not all of Fredo's youthful sailors are willing to put up with his abusive arrogance, however, and even his father Dado (Pen Medina) and close friend Botong (Jhong Hilario) have grown weary of Fredo's tirades. Fredo's body is beginning to betray him as well, and as he and his crew damage the sea's reef beds in search of fish, no one is certain how much longer he will be able to continue. Muro-Ami was shot primarily at sea, and is distinguished by its fine photography and vivid portrayal of the fisherman's life. Story Analysis:
* Fiction * Non-fiction
* Biographical/ Biohistorical
* Epic/ Drama
* Linear Plot ◘ Circular Plot ○ En Medias Res
* The story “muro-ami” is a circular plot because the movie has a series of flash back
1. Has the movie reflected in real issues on humanity? Explain. * Yes, the movie reflected in real issues on humanity. It shows that many people right now are using dynamite for fishing because of poverty. 2. Are the ideas and meanings of the story basically portrayed or artistically implied? * The ideas and meanings of the story are basically portrayed because it shows the daily life of the people and the fisherman. 3. What is the theme of the movie?
* The theme of the movie is struggles and loneliness.
Personal Rating on the quality of the story:
Story rating: A. Excellent A. Excellent B. Impressive
D. Less Impressive
E. Less Entertaining
Protagonists: Cesar Montano
| Dark, Tall
| Heroic, Brave
| Losing someone
| To revenge
* Flat Character
* Round Character
* It is round character because of his changing character:
1. Is the character realistic or fictional? Explain.
* The character is realistic because it happens in real life. 2. Is the character able to make justifiable accounts on the story movie? Explain. * Yes, because the artist who act their role in the movie do their best to show to the audience that movie is happening in real life. 3. When the artist / actors able to justify the character? * Artists/ actors able to justify the character when they face the struggles like the way they encounter the hardness and the sorrow sea, and also when they feel the hope is gone.
A. Physical attribute
* They give the best act as a professional artist to justify the character of physical attribute. B. Emotional connection
* They were able to justify their character in emotinal connection because they bring the role and act...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document