1. In 1838, Jones Prinsep discovered the Brahmi script.
2. The ancient city of Pataliputra was excavated by Dr. Spooner. 3. There are 18 Puranas. Each divided into five sections. It falls under myth. 4. The Vedas-(a). The Rig-veda. (b). the Sam- veda. (c) the Yajur-veda and (d).the Athar-veda. 5. The Buddhist religious text is Tripitaka.
6. Banabhatta wrote Harshacharita in the 7th century AD.
7. Kalhan wrote Rajatarangini. It deals with history of Kashmir. 8. Ramacharita wrote Sandhyakar Nandi.
9. The word Palaeolithic is derived from the Greek word meaning ‘old stone’s this phase generally continue till 9000B.C. 10. The period between 2500-1800 B.C is assigned to the Indus Valley Civilization. 11. The Indus or Harappan civilization belongs to the Chalcolithic or Bronze age. 12. The period of second urbanization (IRON Age)-6th century BC to 3rd century BC 13. Panipat is called the Gate-way to the Indian Plain.
14. The Vedic age (1500-600 BC). They were Aryans.
15. The Painted Grey Ware Culture (1100-600BC)
16. The Early Vedic Period (1500-1000 BC). The Later Vedic Period (1000-600 BC) 17. The famous Mahabharata was fought between the Kauravas and the Pandavas. 18. The sixth century BC marks the beginning of Northern Black Polished (NBP) phase. The beginning of metallic money. The second phase of urbanization. 19. The first coins in India is called ‘Punchmarked’ coins. They belong to the fifth century BC. The standard unit of value is copper weighing a little more than 146grains. 20. 62 religious sects arouse in the 6th century BC. Jainism and Buddhism were the most prominent. 21. Buddha died at Kusinagara (563-483BC.)
22. The Mauryan dynasty (321-180BC) ruled for about 197 years. Chandragupta was its founder. Brihadratha was the last ruler. 23. Post-Mauryan period (200 B.C. to 300. A.D.)s
24. The Sungas dynasty ( 185-73BC). Pushyamitra Sunga founded the dynasty....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document