You are to analyse the scenes they have been allocated and complete the following; * Summarise the scenes
* Outline the values or ideas that are present in the scene * Describe the film techniques (visual and aural) that are used to convey these values and ideas * Describe how the themes represent the directors (Ridley Scott) context After you have analysed Blade Runner they are to find excerpts (chapters or events) from Frankenstein and conduct the same analysis; * Summarise the scene
* Outline the values or ideas that are present in the scene * Describe the language techniques that are used to convey these values and ideas * Describe how the themes represent the authors (Mary Shelley) context You are then to compare the scene with their chosen excerpt from Frankenstein; * What themes, values, and ideas do the scenes and excerpt share? * How have the themes, values and ideas been transformed? What has changed? * How has the composers’ context influenced the themes, values, ideas? * How has the responders’ context influenced the themes, values, ideas? After yo uhave analysed B.R you are to find events/chapter from Frank & conduct same analysis * Asian domination by buying Tsing Tao – a Chinese beer * Raining, gloomy weather
* Low angle shot – show Leon hs the powerful
* Replicants killing people by poking their eyeballs out (as shown by Leon & Roy), showing the symbolism of eyes – ‘a window to one’s soul’, opening to emotions (happiness and sadness expressed through tears), The film also makes extensive use of eyes and manipulated images to call into question reality and our ability to perceive it * When Leon gets shot in the head by Rachael, his head looks very artificial, further emphasises that he is a replicant – * Leon bleeds showing that he has human qualities/emotions * Racheal killing her own kind
* Wind/industries/noise pollution
* “I am the business” –...