The Ford Motor Company
ONE FORD MISSION:
People working together as a lean, global enterprise for automotive leadership, as measured by: * Customer, Employee, Dealer, Investor, Supplier, Union/Council, and Community Satisfaction
* Aggressively restructure to operate profitably at the current demand and changing model mix * Accelerate development of new products our customers want and value * Finance our plan and improve our balance sheet
* Work together effectively as one team
An exciting viable Ford delivering profitable growth for all.
To become the world's leading consumer company for automotive products and services.
We are a global family with a proud heritage passionately committed to providing personal mobility for people around the world.
We anticipate consumer need and deliver outstanding products and services that improve people's lives.
1. One of the early market entrants and oldest car manufacturer. 2. Offers a wide range of cars to different set of customers. 3. Provides exclusive product features taking into consideration the targeted segments. 4. Invested efforts to go green in order to help the environment. 5. Has over 160,000 employees globally.
6. Present across continents and has excellent visibility & marketing. 7. Ford is present in Motorsports like Formula One, Rally, Sports cars, Touring cars & sponsorship of events. Weakness
1. Adversely affected by the global recession & Euro crisis. 2. Hasn’t completely tapped emerging economies as compared to some other automobile giants. Opportunity
1. Expanding automobile sector.
2. Improving business scenario due to expansion of consumer base. 3. Capitalizing on the models exclusively designed for different markets e.g. ford Ikon for India. Threats
1. Competition from major international players.