Date : 18 january 2013
Name: Moonis Kamal
1.1 Reasons for choosing the topic ( an analysis and evaluation of the business and financial performance of an organization over a three year period ) * this topic has a very large scope and information can be available on many aspects of the topic * fact and figures about a companies business and financial performance are much easily available on websites, newspapers, magazines ( for example annual report ). * By having to analyze the business and financial performance, I can completely understand the companies targets and its performance for meeting the targets in the three year period * I will be able to completely understand about the particular industry as I will also be comparing the company with its competitors in that industry. 1.2 Reasons for choosing the particular organization (Nishat Mills Ltd ) * Textile industry is one of the leading industries of Pakistan * This industry is very prosperous for our country and I want to learn more and more about it * There are many career opportunities in textile industry * I have interest in textile industry myself as I am already working in one textile company 1.3 Project aims and objectives
* To assess the profit of company
* To evaluate the increase or decrease in sales
* To compare the total cost with competitor
* To calculate and analyze employee turnover
* To evaluate the gearing level of the company
* To compare the liquidity position of company with competitor * To assess the total assets and liabilities of the company * To evaluate the authorized shares and issued capital
* To analyze the working capital trend in recent years
and research questions
* Which raw material was used to reduce cost of sales?
* What policy was used which resulted in increase in sales? * What was the reason for increase in employee turnover?
* What policy of company improved the liquidity position? *...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document