Name: Brian Pinales Block: C 10/15/10 Cell WEBQUEST: An interactive journey into the cell!
Answer the following questions. You do not have to answer these questions in complete sentences, but your answers should be complete with details and information!
• Go to: http://askabiologist.asu.edu/research/buildingblocks/cellparts.html
1) How many different kinds of cells are in your body? 200
2) What parts of our bodies are made of dead cells? Hair, finger nails, and the hard part of the bone and teeth. All these materials are made up of dead cells.
• Go to: http://www.wiley.com/legacy/college/boyer/0470003790/animations/cell_structure/cell_structure.htm
• Click on “Animal Cell” Read the text and follow the directions. (Click on each organelle and read about what it does)
3) Name and define 3 of the organelles that we are learning about. A) Prokaryotic cell
b) Animal cell
c) Plant cell
• Click “continue” and answer the “Pop-up Questions.” When you are finished, click on “Plant cell” and read the text.
4) Which organelle in the plant cell would mainly help the cell take in water or get rid of water, just like the potato did? This is also known as “osmosis.” How do you know that this organelle would help with that process? Vacuole
5) Which organelle, if empty, would cause the plant to wilt? Why is this? If the vacuole is empty the plant will because the water and the plant. Wilt
6) Name an organelle that you see in the plant cell that you did not see in the animal cell. Eukaryote
7) Why do you think an animal cell does not have the part that you name in #6?
Because Animals get the energy from food because plants get energy from the sun. • http://www.cellsalive.com/cells/cell_model.htm and go to “Plant Cell” first.
• Click around the plant cell and look/read about some other organelles. Then, click on the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document