A REPORT ON UNDERSTANDING CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR IN MALTED BEVERAGE / HEALTH FOOD DRINK CATEGORY ESPECIALLY AMUL PRO
The project- Understanding consumer behavior regarding purchasing of Malted beverage/ health food drink in Ahmedabad consists of managerial learning of understanding a product in the market and this project is undertaken with an objective to understand the buyer’s behavior in the Malted Beverage (MB) / ‘Health Food Drinks (HFD)’ category. Through this study, we intend to find the answers to these questions: * What are the prominent factors that drive a customer to purchase a MB / HFD? * What are the various customer segments that buy a MB / HFD? * What are the sources of information for these customer segments? The overall objective of this Project is to experience the way in which consumer respond to the product in given environment. This experience opens the dimensions in order to:- * Understand the Industry in which organizations operates. * Business model of the organization.
* Understanding the organizational functional area of sales and marketing.
The Methodology for the project:-
* Consumer survey
* Visit of Retailer outlet
* Visit of Distributor Points
* Taking consumer feedback
* Taking retailer feedback
* Analyzing supply-chain of the product
* Analysis of sales records
* Introduction and History:
* Formed in 1946, a dairy cooperative movement in India with 250 liter of milk per day with name KAIRA DISTRICT CO-OPERATIVE MILK PRODUCERS’ UNION. * A Brand name Amul is managed by Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF). * The brand name AMUL( Anand Milk United Limited ) means AMULYA (suggested by a quality control expert in Anand). This word derived from Sanskrit Word AMULYA which means priceless. * Amul has spurred the white revolution of India, which has made India the largest producer of milk and the milk products in the world and the white revolution has finally created a billion dollar brand. * Today Amul dairy is No.1 dairy in Asia and No.2 in the world, which is matter of proud for Gujarat and whole India. * Amul has more than 150 chilling centers in various villages. * Dr. Verghese Kurien, former chairman of GCMMF- The man behind the success of Amul.
The Amul Model
The Amul Model of dairy development is a three-tiered structure with the dairy cooperative societies at the village level federated under a milk union at the district level and a federation of member unions at the state level. * Establishment of a direct linkage between milk producers and consumers by eliminating middlemen * Milk Producers (farmers) control procurement, processing and marketing * Professional management
The Amul model has helped India to emerge as the largest milk producer in the world. More than 15 million milk producers pour their milk in 1,44,246 dairy cooperative societies across the country. Their milk is processed in 177 District Co-operative Unions and marketed by 22 State Marketing Federations, ensuring a better life for millions.
Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd. (GCMMF), is India's largest food product marketing organisation with annual turnover (2010-11) US$ 2.2 billion. Its daily milk procurement is approx 12 million lit (peak period) per day from 15,712 village milk cooperative societies, 17 member unions covering 24 districts, and 3 million milk producer members.
It is the Apex organisation of the Dairy Cooperatives of Gujarat, popularly known as 'AMUL', which aims to provide remunerative returns to the farmers and also serve the interest of consumers by providing quality products which are good value for money. Its success has not only been emulated in India but serves as a model for rest...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document