autonomous system number
2. Which of the following are primary functions of a router? (Choose two.) packet switching
domain name resolution
3. Refer to the routing table shown in the exhibit. What is the meaning of the highlighted value 192? It is the value assigned by the Dijkstra algorithm that designates the number of hops in the network. It is the value used by the DUAL algorithm to determine the bandwidth for the link. It is the metric, which is cost.
It is the administrative distance.
4. Which three statements are true regarding the encapsulation and de-encapsulation of packets when traveling through a router? (Choose three.)
The router modifies the TTL field, decrementing it by one.
The router changes the source IP to the IP of the exit interface. The router maintains the same source and destination IP.
The router changes the source physical address to the physical address of the exit interface. The router changes the destination IP to the IP of the exit interface. The router sends the packet out all other interfaces, besides the one it entered the router on.
Refer to the exhibit. Which path will traffic from the 172.16.1.0/24 network take to get to the 10.0.0.0/24 network? ADC
It will load balance the traffic between ADC and ABC
It will send the traffic via ABC, and will use ADC as a backup path only when ABC fails. 5. What is the purpose of the TTL field within an IP packet header? clears an unreachable route from the routing table after the invalid timer expires prevents regular update messages from inappropriately reinstating a route that may have gone bad removes an unreachable route from the routing table after the flush timer expires limits the period of time or number of hops a packet can traverse through the network before it should be discarded used to mark the route as unreachable in a routing update that is sent to other routers
6. Refer to the exhibit. How many routes are both level 1 and qualify for use as an ultimate route? 1
7. Refer to the exhibit. Cost for each path are shown. If all routers are configured to use OSPF, what would be the path of a packet sent from Router C to Router D if Router A was down? C-B-E-D
8. Refer to the exhibit. Routers 1 and 2 are directly connected over a serial link. Pings are failing between the two routers. What change by the administrator will correct the problem? Set the encapsulation on both routers to PPP.
Decrease the bandwidth on Serial 0/1/0 on router 2 to 1544.
Change the cable that connects the routers to a crossover cable. Change the IP address on Serial 0/1/0 on router 2 to 192.168.0.1/30.
9. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is trying to determine why router JAX has no OSPF routes in its routing table. All routers are configured for OSPF area 0. From the JAX router, the administrator is able to ping its connected interfaces and the Fa0/1 interface of the ORL router but no other router interfaces. What is a logical step that the network administrator should take to troubleshoot the problem? Reboot the routers.
Change the OSPF process ID on all of the routers to 0.
Check to see if the cable is loose between ORL and JAX.
Check to see if CDP packets are passing between the routers. Use show and debug commands to determine if hellos are propagating
10. Refer to the exhibit. Which summarization should R1 use to advertise its networks to R2? 192.168.1.0/24
11. A router boots and enters setup mode. What is the reason for this? The IOS image is corrupt.
Cisco IOS is missing from flash memory.
The configuration file is missing from NVRAM.
The POST process has detected...