Company profile of Airtel
India's largest and world's third largest cellular service provider with more than 82 million subscribers –Bharti Airtel is a merger between Bharti Group and Airtel it’s a well know Ned brand in India as well as Asia . Owned by Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal, Telecom giant Bharti Airtel is the flagship company of Bharti Enterprises. The Bharti Group has a diverse business portfolio and has created global brands in the telecommunication sector. Bharti has recently forayed into retail business as Bharti Retail Pvt. Ltd. under a MoU with Wal-Mart for the cash & carry business. It has successfully launched an international venture with EL Rothschild Group to export fresh agri-products exclusively to markets in Europe and USA and has launched Bharti AXA Life Insurance Company Ltd under a joint venture with AXA, world leader in financial protection and wealth management.
Airtel comes to you from Bharti Airtel Limited, India’s largest integrated and the first private telecom services provider with a footprint in all the 23 telecom circles. Bharti Airtel since its inception has been at the forefront of technology and has steered the course of the telecom sector in the country with its world class products and services. The businesses at Bharti Airtel have been structured into three individual strategic business units (SBU’s) - Mobile Services, Airtel Teliemedia Services & Enterprise Services. The mobile business provides mobile & fixed wireless services using GSM technology across 23 telecom circles while the Airtel Telemedia Services business offers broadband & telephone services in 95 cities and has recently launched India's best Direct-to-Home (DTH) service, Airtel digital TV. The Enterprise services provide end-to-end telecom solutions to corporate customers and national & international long distance services to carriers. All these services are provided under the Airtel brand.
Bharti Airtel offers GSM mobile services in all the 23-telecom circles of India and is the largest mobile service provider in the country, based on the number of customers. The group offers high speed broadband internet with a best in class network. With Landline services in 95 cities we help you stay in touch with your friends & family and the world. Get world class entertainment with India’s, best direct to home (DTH) service, digital TV in more than 150 cities.
1. Enterprise Services- provides a broad portfolio of services to large Enterprise and Carrier customers. This division comprises of the Carrier and Corporate business unit. Enterprise Services is regarded as the trusted communications partner.
2. Diverse business portfolio - Mr. Sunil Bharti believes and adopts strategy of diversification, they always come with new product in new area like mobile, land line, DTH, and broad band.
3. Operations in all 23 circles -In India there are 28 states and Airtel operate or rotate their services in 23 states, it’s a big achievement in itself and it also wants to cover the other remaining states.
4. 2nd Most Trusted Service Brand in India – A survey conducted by ET found that Airtel was the 2nd most trusted brand of India, after BSNL.
5. Mr. Mittal awarded by Padama Bhushan in 2007 and GSM Association chairman’s award in 2008
Vision of Airtel:-
• By 2010, Airtel will be the most admired brand in India: • Loved by more customers
• Targeted by top talent
• Benchmarked by more businesses
| | |Board of Directors | | | |...