a. Industry + Company analysis:
Original Project Scope and Changes
Airbus's objective is to build the largest airliner at the top of its class in capacity, innovation, range, fuel, cost efficiency, environmental friendliness and cabin comfort with entry into commercial service in March 2006 at a price of $263 to $286 million U.S. per plane.
The deliverables in a project the size of Airbus amount into the hundreds. Even just the beginning which includes developing the engineering design, completing a virtual model and deciding who will produce what parts and by when involves many deliverables for each component. Not to mention the actual building of the aircraft which covers wings, engine, electrical instruments, and evacuation equipment just to name a few, this is a major project that involves many resources for an extremely long length of time. To list the deliverables for this project would take a report in and of itself, for a more detailed look at the deliverables please refer to the appendix 2.
For a project the size of Airbus the milestones although large although large are more manageable because they list the "major segments of work" involved in the project. The milestones for Airbus would be:
1. Development of the engineering design
2. Parts and equipment manufactures chosen and prices quoted
3. Plants built for production and assembly
4. Shipping routes chosen
5. Parts completed (each part might have its own milestone depending on its size and importance)
6. Parts and components shipped
7. Building of aircraft would involve many milestones for each component (engine, wings, instruments, ECT.)
8. Finish building aircraft
9. Grand revealing of aircraft
10. Codes and legal requirements met
11. First test flight
12. End of testing
13. Delivery of planes to customers
The technical requirements for the A380 are quite detailed because the goal for... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2006, 11). Air Bus. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2006, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Air-Bus-100200.html
"Air Bus" StudyMode.com. 11 2006. 11 2006 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Air-Bus-100200.html>.
"Air Bus." StudyMode.com. 11, 2006. Accessed 11, 2006. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Air-Bus-100200.html.