* THE RECITATION
* ART OF QUESTIONING
* has become a permanent fixture of the classroom situation. * Is the visible manifestation of the teaching-learning situation. * aids pupils in learning and clarifying abstract concepts and ideas.
* RATIONALE FOR THE RECITATION
* The legitimate excuse for classroom meetings
* Meet to discuss or plan, think, and learn together
* Students and teacher can disagree civilly, and criticisms, especially the constructive ones, are evaluated, accepted or disregarded as the case maybe. * Becomes a living laboratory
* Means of developing many skills, attitudes, abilities, and ideals.
* CURRENT CONCEPT
* Current location for developing:
-ideals for social living
* Matrix for the inculcation of democratic ideals;
-respect for the human personality
-the use of one’s intelligence
* PURPOSES OF RECITATION
* Develop wholesome attitudes essential to effective social living * Provide practice in democratic ideals and processes
* Provide problem-solving activities that will train pupils in reflective thinking and critical evaluation * Encourage freedom of expression and respect for the opinions of others * Wholesome discussion takes place and a kind of atmosphere where creative expression and resourcefulness among pupils develops
* HOW TO CONDUCT THE RECITATION
3. provide for active pupil participation and self-activity. 4. utilize lifelike situations
5. provide for individual differences
6. provide for evaluation
* CONDITIONS NECESSARY FOR AN EFFECTIVE RECITATION
1. Good environment
2. Mastery of the subject matter on the part of the teacher 3. Interest...