* THE RECITATION
* ART OF QUESTIONING
* has become a permanent fixture of the classroom situation.
* Is the visible manifestation of the teaching-learning situation.
* aids pupils in learning and clarifying abstract concepts and ideas.
* RATIONALE FOR THE RECITATION
* The legitimate excuse for classroom meetings
* Meet to discuss or plan, think, and learn together
* Students and teacher can disagree civilly, and criticisms, especially the constructive ones, are evaluated, accepted or disregarded as the case maybe.
* Becomes a living laboratory
* Means of developing many skills, attitudes, abilities, and ideals.
* CURRENT CONCEPT
* Current location for developing:
-ideals for social living
* Matrix for the inculcation of democratic ideals;
-respect for the human personality
-the use of one’s intelligence
* PURPOSES OF RECITATION
* Develop wholesome attitudes essential to effective social living
* Provide practice in democratic ideals and processes
* Provide problem-solving activities that will train pupils in reflective thinking and critical evaluation
* Encourage freedom of expression and respect for the opinions of others
* Wholesome discussion takes place and a kind of atmosphere where creative expression and resourcefulness among pupils develops
* HOW TO CONDUCT THE RECITATION
3. provide for active pupil participation and self-activity.
4. utilize lifelike situations
5. provide for individual differences
6. provide for evaluation
* CONDITIONS NECESSARY FOR AN EFFECTIVE RECITATION
1. Good environment
2. Mastery of the subject matter on the part of the teacher
Cite This Essay
(2013, 08). Aids to Effective Teaching. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Aids-To-Effective-Teaching-1870659.html
"Aids to Effective Teaching" StudyMode.com. 08 2013. 2013. 08 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Aids-To-Effective-Teaching-1870659.html>.
- MLA 7
"Aids to Effective Teaching." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 08 2013. Web. 08 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Aids-To-Effective-Teaching-1870659.html>.
"Aids to Effective Teaching." StudyMode.com. 08, 2013. Accessed 08, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Aids-To-Effective-Teaching-1870659.html.