Supporting and Opposing Prefixes (Prefix of Attitude)
1. Pro - Being pro-abortion does not mean you enjoy killing babies; it’s just that you believe in freedom of choice.
2. Anti - Job training and food stamps are two kinds of anti-poverty programs.
3. Counter - The military used a counterattack against the rebels.
1. A - The basketball player was an amateur.
2. Dis - The girl disrespect her parents.
3. Un - The Vizconde massacre still remains unsolved.
4. Non - The Gatorade Energy drink is a nonalcoholic beverage.
Prefixes of Place (Locative Prefixes)
1. Ante - Antediluvian times, we had mainframes with terminals connected directly to ports.
2. Circum - His prime objective was to measure a degree on the equator to calculate the circumference of the earth.
3. Fore - Foresight panels are pursuing recommendations put forward in the reports.
4. Extra - The audience was amazed at her extraordinary singing ability.
5. In - The independent thinker could solve his problems on his own.
6. Inter - Parts from a Chevy truck will not interchange with a Ford trucks parts.
7. Intra - The formation of the intramural sports team has been a blessing to that school.
8. Supra - Because of their association with supranormal powers, the bases of power have generally been slighted in Western writings on Buddhism.
9. Sur - My first name is Lourence my surname is Escorsa.
10. Tele - John used telekinesis to switch off the light.
11. Trans - The transcript of his high school grades was impressive.
12. Ultra - The ultrasound showed us a picture of her baby inside her womb.
13. Under - They had a mutual understanding of the terms and conditions.
Prefixes of Size, Degree and Status
1. Arch - The Philippines archipelago is one of the largest in the world since it has 17-18 islands forming the country.
2. Macro - The disk is made up of a large number of biological macromolecules.
3. Micro - Many diseases result from a microbe that enters the cells of the body.
4. Mega - The megabank was reported bankrupt.
5. Mini - The minimarket is only for buying groceries.
6. Ante - The antebellum period was during the civil war.
7. Ex - The ex-governor was accused for stealing money from the government.
8. Fore - Her words foretold that there would be tragedy in the future.
9. Mid - Right around midday the temperature got a lot warmer.
10. Neo - A neoplasm is a type of new growth or a tumour.
11. Post - Maya’s husband will postdate a check to cover the remaining balance on their account.
12. Pre - Dinosaurs are prehistoric animals.
13. Mono - The man could only speak French, which meant he was monolingual.
14. Uni - Unicycle has one wheel.
15. Poly - The bay itself is a marine sanctuary that teems with schools of polychromatic tropical fish.
16. Multi - If you find yourself in a bad situation, be careful, or else your troubles may multiply and you could end up in a worse situation than you ever dreamed of.
17. Semi - I prefer the semisweet chocolate rather than the milk chocolate.
18. Demi - Demitasse spoon always bothers me.
1. S - The dog closes the door.
2. Ed - The children played happily.
3. Ing - RJ is eating his dinner.
4. S - The girls play doll house.
5. En - Snow White has eaten the apple.
6. Er - Rick is smaller than Mitch.
7. Est - The Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world.
8. N’t - Angela doesn’t like to eat vegetables.
1. Ify - Gabby needs to identify the problem.
2. Ize - We should minimize the use of plastic.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document