Axia College Material
Students’ Rights and Teachers’ Responsibility Scenario
The Student’s Rights and Teacher’s Responsibilities assignment contains multiple options: Option 1, Option 2, and Option 3. Select one of the three options and complete the assignment according to the directions provided. Submit the completed assignment as directed.
Option 1: Paper
Do you enjoy organizing thoughts and explaining concepts? This assignment provides the opportunity to write an essay about an issue regarding students’ rights and teachers’ responsibilities.
• Choose one of the following issues regarding students’ rights and teachers’ responsibilities:
o Random locker searches without student permission
o Student safety on field trips
o Student news articles and freedom of speech
• Address the following: Explain the responsibilities you have as a teacher in the issue you chose. What are the students' rights? Do you have a responsibility to limit their rights?
• Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper answering the above questions. Identify the rights and responsibilities you will have as a teacher. How will your responsibilities as a teacher influence the rights of your students? Is it fair to infringe on students' rights for the sake of the learning environment? Why? Describe a personal experience where a teacher's responsibilities limited the students' rights. How were you involved? Describe a situation in which the students’ rights might override a teacher's responsibility to maintain a safe learning environment.
• Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
• Post your assignment as an attachment.
Option 2: Letter
Do you have the ability to influence others to try new things? If so, this assignment is perfect for you. It is a new school year and you start the year proactively by discussing students’ rights and teachers’ responsibilities with your students and their parents. For this assignment, write a...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document