Advocacy of PAWS
A. PAWS volunteer against animal abuse and neglect by promoting their rights.
B. “Philippine Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) is a non- profit organization which is dedicated to promote humane treatment of all animals.”
C. PAWS started (their advocacy on) 1954 and also offer (offered) “PARC” (PAWS Animal Rehabilitation Center) which also has a low-cost spay-neuter clinic.
D. This clinic was made to hold the population growth of cats and dogs, because not everyday someone is willing to adopt.
(This animal rehabilitation center was established to monitor the population growth of cats and dogs. This is because of a mere fact that not all of us loves to adopt animals)
E. “the wisdom behind PAWS' dictum that "good friends need not be bought”.”
F. “PAWS is in constant touch with organizations like World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA), People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and Humane Society International (HSI).”
G. PAWS is an organization that aims not only for animal rights, but also peace around us.
H. Our eyes have been shut for too long, it’s time to be able to think and act.
I. It’s our decision how we act, but sometimes they take our fall, comfort us in our most sadist moments
J. God created animals so that man won’t feel alone, to have a best friend.
A. With the help of the Animal Asia Foundation’s Doctor Dog Program in the Philippines.
1. PAWS began to start this program as awareness of animal can help too.
(PAWS started this program as an awareness of animals’ welfare)
2. PAWS choose the most patient and loving dogs they have for this program and visit people who have cancer.
3. This only presents even an animal, a non-talking creature could give us the comfort and love we need from a person
4. “Dr Dog is an innovative animal therapy programmers that provides people
with what they need most - a best friend!”
5. Even the littlest can be done by the impossible.
(No word as littlest)(Elaborate it well, can’t get you point)
6. Recalling the past where a stray dog lost his nose to save two little girls who meant nothing to the dog.
7. Animals understand humans’ needs; we humans are the one who can’t understand them.
8. You can just burst into tears when you watch “hachiko” the dog who waited for his master to come back, loyalty is what they give us but we pretend to be blind not to see it.
9. “Animals Asia is sincerely grateful to the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) for supporting Dr. Dog during the years 1991 - 2000. “
B. Advertisement of animal cruelty and what they did to prevent it.
1. With technology today, things are easier to promote (animals up for adoption or donation needed).
2. As seen on facebook PAWS post pictures of their recent rescue and after months of treatment in their hands.
3. Front Row in channel 11 features PAWS in the morning; it helps us remember that there are still animals that need help.
4. Many people ask PAWS “why can’t they help or take all animals?” PAWS has a limited space, budget and volunteers they aren’t magicians that make animals disappear.
5. Just recently we posted a picture of a dog that lost her paw in birth, up for adoption in a matter of minutes there was one who finally took her.
6. What people see every day, they ignore it, but when it comes to unknown site we appreciate it.
7. It’s tough enough to spread the word but no matter what happens we are here for them.
8. Rain or shine help will come, we just have to wait...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document