Direct Mail Marketing
* Direct Mail gets right into a customer’s hands. Unlike online advertising and other forms which are consumed through media; direct mail advertising places a marketing message directly in consumers hands which makes them place a value on whether they should continue to read into the message. * Direct mail can add a personal touch. Many modern direct mail advertising companies offer the ability to personally brand each piece being sent out so it connects with its recipient. A piece of direct mail can capture the attention of the recipient by calling out their name and, thus, help increase the chances of a sale. * Direct mail is tried and tested. Direct mail has been around for ages and has continually proved to be a solid method to market a business; there are thousands of guides, businesses and strategies which a business can take advantage of to utilize direct mail advertising. Disadvantages:
* Direct Mail generally ends in the trash. Most people, when they receive mail, stand over a trash can because it’s so common for people to receive a massive amount of junk mail throughout each month. Even the greatest packaging and marketing message will be ineffective in the direct mail advertisement * Direct mail is expensive. Direct mail is expensive because of materials and labor which is why many businesses have transitioned to online marketing. * Direct mail can seem intrusive. Direct mail which adds personality can also come across as intrusive to people because an immediate thought that a consumer’s privacy may have been breached. Personal Selling
* You can convey more information with personal selling than with other forms of promotion. A personal sales call lasts longer than any ad. Therefore, you have time to discuss the intricacies of your product. * More Impact. Personal selling has a greater impact on buyers than advertising or direct mail. The customer does not have to wait to get his questions answered. He can learn what he needs to know right then and there.
* Limited Reach. One disadvantage is that you cannot reach as many customers as quickly through personal sales. Therefore, it will take longer to build awareness of your brand and products. * Expensive..! Personal selling is also expensive, especially when considering the salesperson's salary, commission, bonus and travel time. Some sales reps even travel to other cities by plane. Companies incur a high cost per action with personal selling. Publicity
* Increases exposure for new or smaller companies, or for larger companies with new or unestablished product lines. * It alerts consumers to products that may fill just the niche they need (which is why all good advertising is targeted to a specific audience). Disadvantages:
* Advertising is expensive and can therefore be a crapshoot if a company doesn't do its research beforehand. * It can be intrusive or invasive and its effectiveness can be diluted if the arena becomes saturated. * If, not perfectly placed or the timing is not good, it remain ineffective. Sales Promotion - Contests
* Contests Are a Great Tool for Building Your Fan Base. Whether you are starting with 100 or 100,000 likes on your Facebook Page, contests offer a proven way to increase that number. I’ve seen clients go from 50 to 1,000 and from 15,000 to 30,000 likes in a matter of days or weeks when running a contest. * Contests Enable You To Engage Your Audience. In addition to increasing the sheer number of people who interact with your brand, a contest provides a means to deepen the connection as well. * Contests Are a Rich Source of Data. With the lure of a prize, many people are prepared to share information with you as part of the entry process. You don’t want to introduce too many barriers, but don’t miss the opportunity to learn a bit more about your consumers.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document