* In many invents is the biggest sponsor
* Strong management team
* Brand recognition and reputation
* Diversity and variety in products offered on the web (footwear, apparel, sporting
* Strong control over its own distribution channel
* No bad reputation like child labor or environment pollution
* In the Soccer industry, Adidas has a stronghold
* High prices in some products
* E-commerce is limited to USA
* The direct sale to consumers is creating conflicts with its own resellers
* Online customer service not "helpful" or easy to find
* Increase female participation in athletics ?Adidas by Stella McCartney?
* Collaborate with other online retailers to offer Adidas products
* Possibility of outsourcing the web development and e-commerce to a third party
* Nike's strong reputation in the footwear and apparel industry
* Negative image created by the sponsored athletes (i.e. Kobe Bryant and his sexual
* Increase in the Price of Raw materials
* Continuing challenges in import/export duties
Adidas policy is to control and monitor hazardous substance to protect human health
and environment one of those is to eliminate PVC making progress in finding
substitutes like polyurethane, ethyl vinyl, silicones thermoplastic rubber. Adidas also
provide training sessions on employment standards and HR systems, health and safety
is important for the company. Establishing teams to manage and monitor SARS in
Asia factory, washing stations, disinfectant units. Finally Adidas protects and supports
The rights of its employees by following all the current employment laws.
As a multinational company adidas helps countries to decrease unemployment by
increasing every year the number of employees. The Industrial Production Growth
Rate in Germany was 1% in 2001-3, 2004 become... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 03). Adidas S.W.O.T Analysis. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Adidas-S-w-o-t-Analysis-627089.html
"Adidas S.W.O.T Analysis" StudyMode.com. 03 2011. 03 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Adidas-S-w-o-t-Analysis-627089.html>.
"Adidas S.W.O.T Analysis." StudyMode.com. 03, 2011. Accessed 03, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Adidas-S-w-o-t-Analysis-627089.html.