Delivering a Persuasive Speech
You will be delivering your speech today. The rubric that your teacher will use to grade your speech is on the next page. Read the hints below and review the rubric. Then get ready to take the spotlight!
Note: You do not have to turn this page into your teacher. Your grade will be based on your oral presentation.
Here are the elements to look for in your own speech and as you listen to your peers´ speeches:
• An introduction that includes a thesis and captures the audience’s attention
• Points that support the thesis
• Rhetorical devices such as parallel structure, refrain, imagery, figurative language, repetition, quotation, or first-person-plural mode of address
• A conclusion that restates the main points and stirs the audience’s emotions, if appropriate
• Effective use of tone, pace, and emphasis
|Persuasive Speech Grading Rubric | |Your speech will be evaluated using this rubric. | |Criterion |3 |2 |1 | |Delivery of Introduction |The speaker begins with a strong |The speaker begins with an |The introduction does not draw the | | |introduction that grabs the |introduction, but the introduction |listener in and/or the thesis is | | |listener’s attention and makes the |could have...