For schools, creating an appropriate learning environment is critical. Oftentimes, maintaining discipline among the learners is a hard task for a teacher. In my Reading and Phonics class in Grade 5 at St. James College of Quezon City, I encountered one pupil by the name of __________ who misbehaves most of the time. I had observed him that he was not listening attentively in our lesson. When I asked him a question, he cannot answer and asked me to repeat the question. He is even playing while having our discussion in class. I asked the adviser if this kind of behavior is also evident in her class and the adviser affirmatively confirmed to what I had noticed. And so I made a plan that will gradually change his behavior.
1. What should be the appropriate reaction I should evoke when ________________ misbehaves in my RP class?
2. Should I impose punishment or reinforcement to change his behavior?
During my preliminary investigation I found out that
a. ________________ was misbehaving in my class because he lacks attention in his own home, his parents were preoccupied to give him sufficient time with his home works.
b. His attention is diverted on some other things like playing airplanes made of papers. He played most of the time in my class because I found out that he has a younger brother and less attention is given to him by his parents.
I started to make a step by step plan for me to alter the behavior of ________________. These are the proposed solutions:
1. Discuss the whole class of how they are graded.
2. Appreciate those pupils who actively participate during our lessons by giving praises and rewards.
3. Encourage the pupils to speak in English in my RP class and give credit to those who abide in this rule.
4. Ask the pupils for some... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 05). Action Research: Behavior Modification. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 05, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Action-Research-Behavior-Modification-326823.html
"Action Research: Behavior Modification" StudyMode.com. 05 2010. 05 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Action-Research-Behavior-Modification-326823.html>.
"Action Research: Behavior Modification." StudyMode.com. 05, 2010. Accessed 05, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Action-Research-Behavior-Modification-326823.html.