I. AAC開發Aspire的影響因素為何? 這是好的新產品開發機會嗎?
▪ To prove the add-on value for independent RBU to lead the product plan.
▪ The booming of internet, audio/video, and communication technology in 1994 created the potential opportunity of multimedia home PC.
▪ The ambition for Stan Shih to develop global brand.
➢ Good opportunity?
▪ Market demand -- yes.
▪ Organization and managing process – no. ➢
II. 描述Aspire的新產品開發流程與管理. 有何優缺點?
➢ Aspire development process and management
▪ Product planning by AAC, performing focus group market investigation to find out the key selling point: multimedia and unique ID design
▪ Product spec. defined by AAC.
▪ Outsourcing the design to Frog Design. Taiwan SBU engineers to support.
▪ The multimedia system was separated into many sub-systems. Different sub-system was assigned to a different manager and team. Then AAC did the integration.
▪ Product planning and spec. defined by RBU – flexible and quick to react to the market needs.
▪ Development led by AAC, which is lack of development experience.
▪ With no experience in defining the interface of subsystem, but still divided the sub-system and let them handled by different teams.
▪ Most of the venders were in Taiwan, but AAC did not trust SBU. The coordination among RBU (leader), SBU (supporter) and supplier is too complicate.
III. 為何Aspire上市後會遭遇困難? 問題來源為何?
➢ Quality problem -> return high, also the target customers are first time users ( Customer service overloaded
➢ Aspire is positioned as a global product. But the flexibility provided to RBU led Aspire into more...