Aceleda Bank Plc

Topics: Bank, Retail banking, Commercial bank Pages: 11 (3119 words) Published: September 29, 2012
Acleda bank PLC

1. Introduction

After civil war in 1979 and general election in 1993, Cambodia has become a peaceful country. Since that Cambodia attracts both local and international investors in many industries. Especially, in bank services is extremely boom. Related to the financial services, there are many finance organizations and institutes have been invented. Now, our group would like to focus on one private bank which is the largest commercial bank in Cambodia according to Moody’s investor service and standard & poor’s, ACLEDA Bank is the first bank in Cambodia that assigned ratings by the top international credit rating agencies. The next part of this paper will detail about bank profiles. And then, we will talk about the products and services that provides by ACLEDA Bank. What is more, we are aslo going to talk about structural of the company. Furthermore, is about the business’s environment of the company. Moreover, our group will describe more about human resource management and staff retention & motivation. The last view is to summary the overall.

2. Brief Profile Of Bank

With the ILO and UNDP as godparents, ACLEDA was established in January, 1993, as a national NGO for micro and small enterprises development and credit by a group of founders below. From its earliest days it enjoyed the support of a number of major international development agencies whose contribution is gratefully acknowledged in our ‘Roll of Honor’. ACLEDA Bank Limited was licensed by the National Bank of Cambodia as a Specialized Bank on October 07, 2000. On December 01, 2003, ACLEDA Bank, once again, was licensed by the National Bank of Cambodia as a Commercial Bank to enable it to provide full banking services according to the needs of the customers and the market and it was renamed ACLEDA Bank Plc. ACLEDA Bank Plc. is 51% owned by Cambodia interests, including its staff, with the remaining 49% taken up in equal parts by IFC (International Finance Corporation — a division of the World Bank), DEG (a part of KfW, Germany), FMO, and Stichting Triodos Doen together with Triodos Custody B.V. as custodian of Triodos Fair Share Fund (The Netherlands).

At the end of February 2011, ACLEDA Bank PLC has extended to 234 offices, which are located in all provinces and towns of Phnom Penh, Banteay Meanchey, Battambong, Kep, Kandal, Koh Kong, Kratie, Mundulkiri, Otdor Meanchey, Pailin, Kompong Cham, Kompong Chhang, kompong Speu, Kompong Thom, Kompot, preah Vihea, Prey Veng, Pursat, Ratanakiri, Siem Reap, Sihanouk, Stung Treng, Svay Rieng, and Takeo.

3. Products and Services

Today ACLEDA Bank is offering many kinds of products and services. First, is E-banking service which is provides many kind of services such as ACLEDA Unity. ACLEDA Unity offers access to financial services to the whole community across all mobile phone networks convenience, security and service wherever you are and whatever you are doing. Another more is Bill payment for Phnom Penh water supply authority via ACLEDA Unity.  With this service, you can pay your water bills to Phnom Penh Water Supply Authority (PPWSA) and electricity bills to Electricité du Cambodge (EDC) by your mobile phone conveniently whenever and wherever you are. More over on this first service provide more about ACLEDA Card is issued by ACLEDA Bank to account holder to operate his/her account through ACLEDA Bank's ATM in Cambodia and Laos, and through ACLEDA POS anytime — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Further point in this view is ACLEDA VISA DEBIT Card. ACLEDA VISA Debit Card is an electronic plastic card loaded with latest technology to provide stronger security that recognized by VISA Inc., the card is created by ACLEDA Bank to allow you to make withdrawals through any ATM and payments via any POS throughout Cambodia and around the world where the VISA logo is displayed. Another one is ACLEDA POS.  ACLEDA POS is an electronic machine for using...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Executive Summary of Barclays Bank Research Paper
  • Comparison Between Bank Essay
  • Bank Essay
  • Essay on PLC
  • Environmental Analysis of Barclays Bank Plc Essay
  • Impact of Electronic Banking System in Nigeria. a Critical Appraisal of Unity Bank Plc Essay
  • Appraisal of the Economic Implication of Electronic Banking in Nigeria Banks (a Case Study of Diamond Bank Plc Nigeria) Essay
  • Commercial Banks Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free