1. Accounts Receivable.
2. Accounts Payable.
4. Direct and Indirect Taxes.
6. Treasury Operations.
7. Manufacturing/Final Accounts. Accounts.
Activities in Accounts Receivable Function
1. Recording of Invoices based on the Sales made during the day.
2. Recording of Receipts during the day.
3. Passing the credit notes/debit notes and recording the same.
4. Preparing the Account Receivables report on periodical basis and giving the information to the concerned like:
a. Aged AR to the Top Management.
b. AR-Customer details to the sales/marketing people for collection and other purposes.
c. AR-Customer detailed ledger to the Customer for reconciliation purpose.
5. Bad Debts provisions are also maintained and updated regularly.
6. Also the General Ledger Control Account is matched to the sub ledger on periodical basis.
Activities in Accounts Payable Function
1. Recording of the vendor invoices on daily basis matching the same to the inventory receipts and also to the Purchase orders.
2. Passing the credit notes/debit notes and recording the same.
3. Updating the Accounts Payable-Vendor wise for the payments made to the Vendors which could be against the invoices outstanding or advance payments.
4. Accounts Payable report updating on periodical basis and using the information for MIS Reports to Management, Treasury Operations etc.
5. Ensuring that the Accounts Payable-Vendor detailed ledger are reconciled to the Vendor statement of accounts.
6. Also the General Ledger Control Account is matched to the sub ledger on periodical basis
Activities in Inventory Function
1. Recording of Inventory movements like receipts of materials (Raw Materials, Stores and Spares, Fixed Assets, Consumables etc.) and issue of the materials to the production/services... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 09). Accounting and Finance Functions in an Automotive Components Manufacturing Company. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 09, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Accounting-And-Finance-Functions-In-An-410904.html
"Accounting and Finance Functions in an Automotive Components Manufacturing Company" StudyMode.com. 09 2010. 09 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Accounting-And-Finance-Functions-In-An-410904.html>.
"Accounting and Finance Functions in an Automotive Components Manufacturing Company." StudyMode.com. 09, 2010. Accessed 09, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Accounting-And-Finance-Functions-In-An-410904.html.