Accident Report

Only available on StudyMode
  • Download(s) : 956
  • Published : February 26, 2012
Open Document
Text Preview
123 College St.
(484) 123-4567

TO:, Owner
FROM:, Restaurant Manager
DATE:August 31, 2011
SUBJECT:Burn of Chef Rodriguez on August 30, 2011

Chef Rodriguez burned himself while working at the restaurant on August 30, 2011. He was taken to the Emergency Room.

At 6:32 p.m. on August 30, 2011, Chef Carlos Rodriguez burned himself while preparing an order for a customer. The order required the Chef to cook pasta, so he boiled water in a pot. Once the pasta was cooked, Chef Rodriguez took the pan with the hot water to the sink. On his way to the sink, he and Chef Assistant Luis Leon collided and Chef Rodriguez dropped the hot water on his legs and feet. Rodriguez screamed immediately and that called my attention. I was able to hear his scream because at that moment, I was talking with server Jane Robins next to the kitchen door. As soon as I walked into the kitchen, I saw Rodriguez on the floor complaining about the pain from the burn. I asked employee Leon to call 911 immediately.

While we were waiting for the ambulance to come to the restaurant, we decided to cut Rodriguez’s pants and take his shoes off, so we could have a better idea on how serious the accident was. The hot water that was in the pan injured Rodriguez badly. His burns were below his left knee and they looked red and blistered. He had third degree burns. Paramedics arrived and took Rodriguez to the ER. Employee Leon didn’t suffer any injury.

The lack of visibility in that corner of the kitchen was the cause of the collision of the two employees.

| | | | | SINK|
LEON| | | | | |
| | | | | |

My recommendation to prevent this kind of accident in the future is to remove the refrigerator from that corner and put in an appliance of lesser height so people who are walking through that area will have...
tracking img