Competitive advantage_ Michel porter (chapter 5 competitive advantage and technology management)
Technology: application of the laws of science .Tangible form of the knowledge. It may be process or product
Diffusion of the technology: penetration of the technology in the society. Diffusion is the process by which an innovation is communicated over time through channels to the members of the social system.
Natural limit of tech. : (we can maintain the product but not the technology we can extend the life of the product)
Dimensions of innovation
• Extent of change(radical - incremental)
• Modality of change(product - process)
• Complexity of change(component - archi)
• Material ability of change(physical- )
• Capabilities of change
• Relatedness of change
• Cycle of innovation
Farming of innovation: ensuring the culture of innovation within the organization so that we can b treated as an innovative company and we can get the max advantage and one of the advantages is first mover advantage and to do this first we have to ensure
• Creativity: recruiting creative employees.
• Infrastructure: we should have a knowledge bank accessibility of information through libraries and alliances with different R&D units.
• Enhancing LCO: learning capability of organization.
• Performance recognition : performance appraisal
• Facility, freedom and flexibility(3F)
Competitiveness in technology management(chapter 7)
1. Competitive index
2. Company competitiveness and country competitiveness.
3. Competitiveness is a process by which an entity strives to outperform another and entities may be person organization or country
To be competitive the following factors must exist:
2. desire to win,
3. commitment and
4. Availability of resources.
Indicators of competitiveness (country competitors)
1. Standard of living-literacy rate, HDI human development index, BPI and can be... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2008, 11). Abra Ka Dabra. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2008, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Abra-Ka-Dabra-177075.html
"Abra Ka Dabra" StudyMode.com. 11 2008. 11 2008 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Abra-Ka-Dabra-177075.html>.
"Abra Ka Dabra." StudyMode.com. 11, 2008. Accessed 11, 2008. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Abra-Ka-Dabra-177075.html.