1. Decision problem.
What alternative should choose Mr. Dawson?
2. Research problem.
Assessing the demand, people involved and their respective offerings. 3. ANALYSIS OF ACTORS
4.1. MR. DAWSON
* Professor of history at Riverdale (A 48.2803 32.1868 km of Boylston and Shafersville miles) * You wish to withdraw.
* He is 55 years old.
* It is now in an age when he should not engage in any business. * Want to have your own business.
* Wants to engage in the sale of Velvet Freeze.
* You have no business experience.
* He has two children (a married woman and a college student). * Your children have some influence on their decisions.
* He and his wife currently live alone at home.
* Possess a house with 8 rooms which sell think to invest. * When selling your home, want to use some of the money from the sale to build a new ranch-style home. * You have other sources of income (approx. $ 500 per year) * Currently has no money to invest.
* Neither Mr. Dawson and his wife were accustomed to relate through the sale of a product. * After finding out everything about the business of Velvet Freeze, there were many doubts and insecurities. * Income:
INDICATOR | WAGE | OTHER | TOTAL |
CURRENT (if not removed) | $ 5000 | $ 41.67 monthly ($ 500 annually) | $ 5,041.67 Monthly |
Removing | $ 2000 | $ 41.67 monthly ($ 500 annually) | $ 2041.67 monthly | If you retire in 10 years | $ 2500 | $ 41.67 monthly ($ 500 annually) | $ 2541.67 monthly |
4.2. MR. MILLER.
* Owner of three establishments engaged in the sale of frozen dairy products. * Person cordial, friendly, attentive.
* Has experience in business.
* Have bought all exclusive rights to sell Velvet Freeze in Riverdale.
4.3. MR. RUPERT AND MR. Trommer.
* Licensees in Riverdale
* They have power of persuasion
* They are demanding requirements for licensing.
* They have experience and knowledge in business.
* Have to 55 license holders in the state.
* Are representantas brokers and all those who wish to have a business of Velvet Freeze. * Has rented some land in Shafersville (Population 18,000 inhabitants)
4.4. MR. CARLING
* It has two stores Velvet Freeze.
* One of them is located in Boyston (Population 19,000 inhabitants) and the other in Greendale (next to Boylston Population) * The management of the two stores will require more work than I had anticipated. * I did not want to sell the store located in Boylston, but it seemed the best I could do. * Person who is in poor health.
* This debt.
* Is your home mortgage.
* He had been involved
* Selling the Boylston store to Mr. Dawson.
* Know your job
* It is very realistic and tells it like he sees
4. VELVET FREEZE product analysis
* It is a milk ice.
* It is pasteurized and homogenized.
* It has little butter (only 5% of normal ice cream compared with 10% - 12%) * High level nutrient (protein, vitamins and minerals).
* Served in cones.
* Kept at 19 ° Fahrenheit.
* From a single flavor.
* It has a surplus of 31% (1 gallon yields 1.3 gallons) compared to 100% of normal ice cream (1 gallon makes 2 gallons). * In July is the month of Velvet Freeze.
5. Business Analysis VELVET FREEZE
* There are stores in 47 states.
* It is a profitable business (opinion of others).
* Makes less than a regular ice cream.
* Ice cream can spoil because of poor condition of the machines. * Has acceptance, is very popular and high growth (third party information). * Its consumption is seasonal.
* The store may be open from March to October season is between 7-8 months (third). * The best season is the months of May, June and July (third). * It works 12 hours a day on weekdays (LS) and 10 hours on Sundays (third), ie 82 hours weekly. * Are considered the peak in the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document