A) Task 1 : Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- make the workplace safe and eliminate or control risks to health
- ensure plant and machinery are safe and that safe systems of work are set and followed
- ensure articles and substances are moved, stored and used safely
- provide adequate welfare facilities
- give workers the information, instruction, training and supervision necessary for their health and safety
- consult workers on health and safety matters
Task 2 : Health & Safety Policy : see attached section 3
Task 3 : 1. Fire Drill/ Fire Evacuation
2. Electrical Work and PAT
3. Display Screen Equipment (DSE)
4. Car Parking
5. Hazardous Materials COSHH
B) Task 4: To my line manager
I have noticed a number of students driving far too fast in the car park. The speed limit is 10mph and I am concerned with the consequences that could arise. Unfortunately I do not have the names of these particular students but perhaps a memo could be sent out to all students to remind them of the importance and safety of abiding to the speed limit.
C) Task 5
Services (electricity, water, gas, compressed air).
Lack of training.
Lack of regular testing etc.
Trips and falls.
Noise and vibration.
Extremes of temperature.
Radiation, including UV and infra red.
Chemical and biological hazards
Pathogens (micro-organisms hazardous to human health). . .
Lack of safety awareness and poor attitude.
Lack of or poor training.
Cluttered pedestrian gangways.
No procedures to clear spillages etc.
Control of waste
No control of hazardous waste.
Unsafe vehicle access and egress.
Unrestricted access to... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 07). Aat Health & Safety Level 2. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 07, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Aat-Health-Safety-Level-2-736728.html
"Aat Health & Safety Level 2" StudyMode.com. 07 2011. 07 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Aat-Health-Safety-Level-2-736728.html>.
"Aat Health & Safety Level 2." StudyMode.com. 07, 2011. Accessed 07, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Aat-Health-Safety-Level-2-736728.html.